Determining what your next step should be after an accident can be confusing, and contacting a personal injury attorney may seem scary. With so many decisions in front of you, the possibilities can be overwhelming.
If you were injured in an accident, you may decide to to enlist the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. When you are preparing for a consultation, it’s important to know which questions to ask. Here is a checklist of the questions we believe you should ask your possible attorney in your initial consultation.
YOUR PERSONAL INJURY CONSULTATION CHECKLIST
- What is your experience?
- Do you handle personal injury/accident cases?
- How do your firm’s fees work?
- What is the process in handling my case?
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO YOU PERSONAL INJURY CONSULTATION
- Any pictures from the accident
- Any pictures of any injuries from the accident
- Any medical/discharge paperwork
- Appropriate documentation of insurance and a police report if you have one
When you’re looking for an injury attorney, it’s important to find the right person for you and your case. Most personal injury law offices offer free consultations, so it is a perfect time to check around and find the right fit for you. Here are a few additional tips:
- Research the attorney. Find out a little about their background via word of mouth or online searches.
- How do the fees work? At Hardee, Massey & Blodgett we work on a contingency fee basis, which means we only collect fees if there is a successful outcome for our client. Not all firms operate the same – some may charge hourly or even charge a flat rate. Make sure you know how the fees work before signing on the dotted line.
- What does the legal process look like? No two cases are the same. Ask questions about what your case might look like – will they want to settle? Are they willing to go to trial? Do they have trial experience? Every case is going to have a different outcome, but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared doing into the case.
Have you or someone you know been injured in a car accident? If so, the attorneys at Hardee, Massey & Blodgett offer free consultations and would love to sit down and hear about your case. Call us today at 252-378-2525 to schedule your consultation with one of our team members or reach out through our contact page.