Experienced. Trusted. Proven.

Injured In An Accident? Here’s Some Information You Need To Know.

If you or a loved one is injured in an accident due to the fault of another, knowing how to handle any of the issues that come after the accident can be very confusing and overwhelming. At Hardee, Massey & Blodgett, LLP, our team of personal injury attorneys located in Greenville, North Carolina, are experienced handling the questions you may have.

Here are a list of questions and answers based on questions we have asked and answered. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 252-787-4632 for a free consultation.

What should you do after an accident?

  • Make notes of anything you can remember, such as the actual events, any conversations and any other details of the accident.
  • Keep a diary that could include comments about pain, limitations, medications, care, work issues and anything else that could be happening with you after the accident.
  • Keep a file of any paperwork that is related to the accident, including the accident report, medical bills, insurance letters or any correspondence received.
  • Take pictures of any damage to your vehicle and any other vehicles involved in the car wreck.
  • Have someone take pictures of your injuries.
  • Follow any and all recommendations from your physician.
  • File medical expenses with your health insurance company.
  • Call your car insurance company to ask about any medical pay coverage your plan may include.
  • DO NOT give a recorded statement to an insurance adjuster.
  • DO NOT sign any paperwork without seeking the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney.

How do you know if you have a claim?

If you or a loved one was injured due to the fault or negligence of another driver, and you did not contribute to your injuries, then you may have a claim for damages.

If you are wondering if you have a claim or have questions not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact our office for your free consultation at 252-787-4632.

What types of damages are recoverable?

  • Any property damages
  • Your medical expenses, past and future
  • Your lost wages, past and future
  • Pain and suffering
  • Permanent damages

How long until my case will be settled?

Your injury claim should not be settled until you have been released by your doctor, and you know the extent of all of your damages – so there is no set amount of time.

The statute of limitation for an injury claim in the state of North Carolina is generally three years from the date of the accident. However, this does not necessarily mean that it will take three years to settle your claim.

Should you hire a personal injury attorney after your accident?

In most accident cases, there will be legal matters concerning fault or liability, damages (property and personal injury), liens and insurance coverage.

An insurance adjuster will contact you after the accident. Please remember, the adjuster represents the insurance company, not you. They will use their experience and training for the benefit of the insurance company, not for you.

If you want your rights to be protected, you will need to hire an experienced personal injury attorney who will work for you.

How do you choose the right attorney for you?

Our first suggestion is to ask your friends and family about the reputation of the attorney you are considering.

Ask questions about the attorney’s experience handling personal injury claims, how long have they been practicing and what types of cases they have handled.

Ask if the attorney or law firm has experience litigating personal injury claims. Litigation is very important, and insurance companies know which attorneys and firms have experience and which do not.

Make sure you are comfortable sharing details of your case with your attorney by meeting with them. This meeting will also ensure that you are confident that they will be working diligently for you.

No matter your situation, the team of attorneys at Hardee, Massey & Blodgett, LLP, have the experience you will need to fight for the compensation you may deserve. Call us in Greenville today at 252-787-4632, and remember your initial consultation is always free.

Share This